Workshops with Saskia
Saskia delivers Plastic Free Period workshops in schools and in the wider community proudly supported by WEN, the Women’s Environmental Network.
Saskia has trained as part of their two campaigns: Rethink Periods which is aimed at school age children, and Environmenstrual aimed at educating in the workplace, in the community and online!
Workshops can be tailored to what you need to cover. Some of the topics I can deliver include the following:
- Menstruation: Period Positivity, Busting myths and taboos
- Healthy Relationships and when is it abuse?
- Body Image, self-esteem and building resilience
- Social Media and the Law
- Fertility and sexual reproduction
- Sexual Health and Contraception
- Consent, sex and the Law
- The Girls project/ The Boys project (A look into the impact of peer pressure)
All lessons are LGBTQ inclusive and sex positive but please get in touch if you are a faith school, as our lessons can be adapted according to your needs provided they are in line with the new Guidance.
Some feedback from pupils
Feedback from teachers & Parents
The aim of the workshop was to highlight and undermine external pressures relating to body image that may erode the pupils’ self-esteem. Not only did Saskia overwhelmingly achieve this but she had total buy-in from pupils.
Very positive feedback given from all staff who attended. Great resources left for staff to use too.