Terms & Conditions of Sale
Our terms AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) sets out the terms and conditions (“Terms”) upon which you may purchase products from us via our website: saskiaboujo.com.
PLEASE NOTE CLAUSE 10 WHICH LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO YOU.
Please read these Terms carefully before you submit any order to us. These Terms tell you how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
In these Terms the following words and expressions shall mean:
“Saskia Boujo”, “we”, “us” or “our”
Saskia Boujo Ltd (company number 09846464), a company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is 91 Chesterton Road, London, England, W10 6ET.
the contract between you and Saskia Boujo for the sale and purchase of the Goods in accordance with these Terms and the Order.
“Force Majeure Event”
any event beyond our reasonable control, which by its nature could not have been foreseen, or, if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving its own workforce or a third party’s), failure of energy sources or transport network, global pandemics, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, interference by civil or military authorities, national or international calamity, armed conflict, malicious damage, breakdown of plant or machinery, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, sonic boom, explosions, collapse of building structures, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, loss at sea, epidemics or similar events, natural disasters or extreme adverse weather conditions, or default of our suppliers.
the products that you specify in the Order.
the price payable by you to us for the Goods as detailed in the Order or on our website. The Price is inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
the online order you submit with a view to purchasing the Goods from us.
“you” or “your”
the person identified in the Order that purchases the Goods from us.
- Our Contract with you
- You place an Order with us for the Goods when you enter the required details on our checkout page and click “checkout” to place your Order.
- The Contract will come into effect when we send an email to the email address you gave us in your Order confirming our acceptance of your Order, and not before we receive payment for the Goods and delivery costs. We won’t charge you for the Goods or delivery costs if your Order is not accepted.
- You will own the Goods once we have received payment in full for the Goods and delivery costs.
- We will assign an order number to your Order and tell you what it is when we accept your Order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your Order.
- The Goods
You acknowledge that the images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only, and that although we try to represent our products faithfully, we cannot guarantee that colours displayed on your device will precisely reflect the colour of the imaged products. You also accept that packaging may vary from website images.
- Price and payment
- You must pay the full Price of the Goods and delivery costs at the time of the Order.
- The Price does not include delivery costs, which are displayed on our website.
- It is always possible that some of the Goods we sell may be incorrectly priced, as a result of a software or administrative error. We will normally check the Price before accepting your Order. If there is an error so that the Goods’ correct Price is less than our stated Price, we will charge the lower amount. Where the Goods’ correct Price is higher than the stated Price, we will contact you and give you the option of either paying the correct Price or cancelling the Order and returning the Goods to us.
- Delivery is deemed to take place once the Goods are delivered to the address you designate in your Order or, failing delivery there, to the depot nominated by the delivery service provider.
- You will be responsible for the Goods once they are delivered to the address you designated in the Order or the nominated delivery depot. You may incur storage costs and further delivery costs if You do not collect the Goods or re-arrange delivery from the depot.
- We will tell You if delivery is delayed by a Force Majeure Event. If delivery is delayed for more than 30 days, you may contact Us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Goods You have paid for but not received.
- Our rights to make changes
We reserve the right to make changes to the Goods to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Your rights to end the contract
- The right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) – ‘cooling-off period’. For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and return the products to receive a refund. You therefore have 14 days from the date of delivery in accordance with clause 4.1 of these Terms to change your mind and return the Goods to us for a refund.
- You may have the right to end the Contract:
- if what you have bought is damaged; or
- because of something we have done or have told you we were going to do (see clause 6.3);
- We will refund you in full for any Goods if you wish to end the Contract for one the reasons set out below:
- we have told you about an error in the Price of the Goods you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; or
- there is a risk that supply of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of a Force Majeure Event (see clause 4.3).
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- If you are you are entitled to end the Contract under clause 6, you must:
- notify us by doing one of the following:
- email us (contact details are contained in clause 13). Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number; or
- writing to us by post at our registered office; then
- return the Goods to us within 14 days of notifying us, by posting them to our registered office.
- pay the costs of returning the Goods, unless the Goods were damaged prior to delivery to you.
- Subject to clause 7.1, if you are entitled to end the Contract under clause 6, We will refund the price you paid for the Goods (and delivery costs where Goods were damaged prior to delivery to you) by the method you used for payment.
- We may reduce the refund referred to in clause 7.2 (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling of them. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods, but later discover that you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method We offer. For example, if we offer delivery of the Goods within 3-5 days at one cost but You choose to have the Goods delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what You would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the Contract at any time by writing to you in the event of a Force Majeure Event or if you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that we need to provide the Goods (for example, the correct delivery address).
- If we end the Contract in the situations set out in clause 8.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Goods we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking of the Contract.
- If there is a problem with the Goods
- If you have any questions or complaints about the Goods, please contact us. You can do this by writing to us (see clause 13 for details).
- Damage to the Goods due to misuse by you or a third party, are not covered by this clause 9 and such misuse of the Goods will void your right to a refund or replacement.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- The information in the Goods is based on the personal opinions and personal experiences of Saskia Boujo, the author, editor and publisher of the Goods. Saskia is not a medical professional, nutritionist or dietician and her opinions and experience should not be treated as professional advice. You must not take or refrain from taking action based solely on the information within the Goods and you must always seek independent medical professional advice if you are affected by any of the issues raised in the information contained within the Goods.
- All reasonable care has been taken to confirm the accuracy of the information given in the Goods, and to describe generally accepted practices in the UK. However, neither Saskia Boujo Ltd nor Saskia Boujo are responsible for any errors or omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained within the Goods.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking of this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. To the extent permitted by law, and except as otherwise provided in these Terms, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to your use the Goods, whether express or implied.
- We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use.
- Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the Goods are reserved to Saskia Boujo. No part of the Goods may be copied, reproduced, commercially exploited, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Saskia Boujo.
- How we may use your personal information
- If you have any queries or any concerns about these Terms, you may contact us via the “contact us” section of our website.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your Order or contact details you have provided to us via our website contact form.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
- The Contract and these Terms are between you and Saskia Boujo. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of their terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking of the Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These Terms (and any non-contractual disputes/claims arising out of or in connection with them) are governed by English law and you agree that the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes. If you have your habitual residence in the EU, you may also bring legal proceedings against us in the EU country in which you live.
Last updated: June 2020